Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Tang Yuans

I am currently one of the most laid back university student ever on the face of the earth! This week, I don't have a single class and instead of rotting at home, I finally finished making my sister's wedding favour bags. They have been lying there since like forever...

Then I got bored again. That only kept me occupied for one night. So I've decided to make a trial batch of Tang Yuans! It is a custom to have them the night before the wedding. The plain ones are so boring. Thus, I decided to make the colourful ones. Started with orange.

I went searching online and found out that all I needed to to was to add in sweet potato into the flour.

Therefore,


Success! :D

Tastes yummy! Started off with the plain ones but then they were too tasteless. Added in gula melaka into some. Then I ran out of gula melaka and finally stuffed the leftover sweet potatoes in the final few.

Not too bad, really! Since originally the Tang Yuans are tasteless, adding anything else into it just makes the entire thing tastes like the stuffing.

Happy with them! Shall be making green ones soon! :D

No comments: