Wednesday, 9 May 2012

The Job - Task 6 (Proton)

Day One
So this week’s challenge was going to be a total surprise! We have absolutely no clue on what the task was going to be about nor do we even know our client. The curiosity was eating into my brains for that entire week!!

So we were told to meet up at Segi College early in the morning. We all got into the van and went towards our mystery location. Somehow it was as though as we were going in circles. Went all the way to Shah Alam and then came back towards Subang and then gone back into the Shah Alam industrial area.

Finally, we arrived at our location....

PROTON!!

Team A was Jason, Emmy, Zarith and I. Team B was Reshma, Thoriq, Jasmine and Ismail. The weird part was that we went all the way there just to shoot the opening scene and the announcement of the teams. After that we had to go all the way back to Mutiara Damansara.

So we found out that our task was to carry out a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) as well as to deliver a Proton FLX-SE to a client. We had to split the task so that each person gets an equal amount of work. Once we arrived to the showroom at Mutiara Damansara, we were put straight into a quick session of briefing. Crash course on PDI and delivery man!

We had to learn every single thing about the car in just one night! Thank god for the existence of the checklist. If we had to remember all the steps, I think I would have died on the spot.

So Day 1 ended with Jason delegating stuff to the team. One night to remember the parts in which we were suppose to carry out...

Day Two
During the night, what we actually did was to come up with the points that we will be explaining to the client. The Flow. We met up early at Mcds and went through some of everyone’s points.

When it was time we head over to the showroom and waited for it to begin.

Everything happened at like super speed! We were given 45min to complete the PDI. That was something new that we found out there and then. Emmy and I started off first going through the car and I guess we underestimated 45mins. We took longer than we should have leaving us less time to finish the other stuff.

Car wash! Thanks to the help of the mighty “Superman” we had crazy amount of fun. It was the most random thing ever. Jason called me the night before asking whether I have goggles and I thought he just wanted to borrow them because he’s going swimming or something....

Then, we had to install some items on the car. There was a slight problem with the number plate and it was super hilarious. It won’t be shown on TV but the screw we were suppose to unscrew for the number plate could not be unscrewed. They stopped our time and had to get a technician to come and loosen the screw for us.

And that was the first half of the task...

Second half was the actual delivery of the car to the client. Zarith went through the warranty part with the client. Then Jason and I went over the car with the client and in the end it was over. It was pretty fun! Insanely detailed stuff but fun!

Day Three
Back to Segi for the judging on day 3. We were there waiting to find out who were the winners of the prize. Right! I forgot to mention! The prize! A sales rebate of RM2000 for Proton. Perfect man. I just was about to get a new car.

We knew that it was going to be close because we could see the other team performing and it was close. So it was a little nerve wrecking moment...

WE WON! RM2000 babeh! New car come to meeeeee!!

After so many weeks somehow whether or not I get job offers, it doesn’t really matter? It’s just the best if you just win for the week damn it! ;)

Judging. I remembered that Pn Jamilah said that I have a pretty smile! Hahaha! Then there was something about Zarith and pretty girls, Emmy being over detailed. I can’t really remember what they said. In the end it was Jason and I who got the job offer for Team A and Thoriq for Team B.

Next week! Final task! A marketing campaign to gain as many likes as possible for Segi Malaysia’s Facebook page and our media was Says.Com! It is going to be fun as hell!

Teams are.....

Team A : Ismail, Jasmine, Jason, Emmy
Team B : Reshma, Zarith, Thoriq and I

It was week one all over again! Just that now we are closer to each other and we know each other better! AND they decided to choose the 2 people who didn’t want to be team leader for the last week. Ismail and ME....

I was talking to Ismail during one of the weeks and we did come to conclude that we don’t mind being team leader for any task except for the last one because we knew that it was going to be BIG.

Damn that mouth of mine...

Photos for Proton week! :)










No comments: