Saturday, 30 October 2010

The land down under - Melbourne

We had a 9.30am flight via Jetstar to Melbourne. Travelling in Australia means half an hour to almost anywhere! Places are all so far away!

I was so tired I practically slept through the entire flight. I closed my eyes and the next thing I know, we were landing.

At Melbourne, we crashed at my dad's friend's place in Chadstone. Rested for awhile and then we took a drive to Phillip Island. Driving along the highways was pretty! All you see is endless grasslands till the horizon. We didn't have much time left for the day. So we just stopped by anything that was on the way.


First stop was Warrook Farm. In Australia, EVERYTHING closes insanely early. We were there at about 3pm and they were already closing up but we managed to get in and saw some Wombats. They are like huge and fat hamsters! Fed some Kangaroos too! You are not said to have been to Australia if you did not see a Kangaroo. One little one named Nora Jane was following us from one end of the farm to the other. She was so cute I almost died. Even after we came out of the fencing she was following us on the other side... =D


We hit the road once again till we came about a winery. It wasn't grape season so there wasn't much to see. Fortunately the winery we stopped at has an amazing background of the ocean.

Finally we arrived at Phillip Island. Went to see some Koalas. Another thing that cannot be missed in Australia. Couldn't touch the real one. So this was my substitute!


Next was The Nobbies. Oh My God. The scenery there was breathtaking. The landscape was amazing! We were there around sunset. So it was just beautiful! Seagulls make their nest there. There were everywhere and I was so afraid that they would shit on me...


At last, the main attraction of Phillip Island. We were there early and so we sat and waited. It was freezing cold! Damn! We waited and waited till we saw little tuxedos coming up the shore. We saw them up close when they were entering their burrows too! Priceless experience. Wait actually it was about A$20.

Then it was a gruesome drive back to town. Looking out the window to the clear Australian sky you could see every single star in the universe. Its even prettier than Edward Cullen's sparkling body in the sun. Now THAT's priceless...

We were rather hungry on the journey back since we didn't have any dinner. At 10.30pm it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find food in Australia other than fast food.

The next day. Sovereign Hill.

A place where gold was found. I'm not going to walk through everything but maybe just the most memorable thing.


Holding a 3kg solid gold bar worth A$135,000! Damn it was heavy. Apparently he was not allowed to let us hold the bar but my Uncle Sam bought a gold nugget from the store and talked his way to letting us take a picture.

That night we went to The Crown. Wandered around the casino. Seriously, what is with the casinos? Actually we wanted to walk around town at night but it was raining. Thus we got stuck indoors

The following day in Australia we went to Dandenong to see some pretty birdies up close.


One of the sonofabitch bit me! It was like obviously painful. Another tried to steal my packet of seeds and ended up clawing my hand. Such nice souvenirs from them.

That was in the morning and afternoon. In the evening, we took a train from Holmesglen all the way to Flinders where my mom was going to meet up with her friend and I was with Kah Mun.

It was so much fun hanging out with a friend there taking random pictures and walking all over town! Yes, walking. Try doing that in KL...

Final travel was The Great Ocean Drive. It was a long drive so we only went halfway and stopped at Lorne. Scenery? SPECTACULAR. Endless view of the coastal lines. White sandy beaches and baby abalones. Unforgettable.


That night we went for dinner at Sofia. Food portion is bloody hell damn huge! Its like HUGE huge. Carbonara was like heaven on earth~

That's about it for our trip. The final day was to Victoria Market getting some fridge magnets for my sister and we had some Mexican food.

Then it was the plane back to Malaysia. The plane ride was horrible! The weather was terrible and it caused a lot of movement and I was dying! I could still feel the movement of the plane when I was at home with my feet in the ground and my ass on the chair.

Nevertheless, it was an AWESOME journey. I had a blast and I can't wait to go back again. This time with a different bunch of peeps.

Toodles~

No comments: