Saturday, 30 October 2010

The land down under - Sydney

The title somehow made it sound wrong and I think I just made it sound wrong when I said it sounded wrong.

We left to KLIA on the 21st October 2010 at 6.30pm for a 10pm flight. Hoped onto MAS flight MH123 on our way to Sydney Australia for a wedding and holiday. It was a extremely uncomfortable 8 hour journey on the plane but when we were about 3 hours from our destination, I saw the sunrise on the plane...

It was memorable since I haven't been on a plane in ages and seeing the night and day in the same sky was awesome.

We arrived there in the morning about 9.30. Relatives from there picked us up from the airport and dropped us at our motel.

After settling down, they came to pick us up for lunch (Chinese) and a rehearsal. Drove all the way to town and at the same time managed to visit Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and the Royal Botanical Gardens.

After that we went to have dinner (Western) with the groom, Greg's family, the bride, Fiona and also a few of their friends. Of course us included as well. The food was scrumptious and HUGE! My mom's T-bone steak was as big as my face! I forgot to take pictures though....

The next day was a beautiful cloudless sky.


We went to my relative's place for breakfast. Planned what to do for the day and decided to go to the place where Captain Cook discovered Australia. Oh, the house was actually under renovation. Managed to feast my eyes on some hot topless dudes... =P

Scenery is priceless, Cape Solander I mean. It looks sooo much better in real life compared to pictures. We didn't do much there. Mostly just taking in the beautiful scenery and perfect weather.

Wandered around the place the entire day visiting other points that pictures can be seen from Facebook. Duh...

Towards the evening while waiting for dinner (Thai), we walked down the hill that my grandaunt's (I assume she is since she is my dad's aunt) house was at to a river. Another pretty place.


Next day would be The Day. The wedding of Fiona and Greg! I met many other relatives who I have absolutely no idea even existed! Like seriously!


The wedding car was a Vintage Rolls Royce. Fiona looked awesome that day. Apparently she looks like my sister, Jenny only prettier.. Nge nge nge..

The reception was different. It was my first garden themed wedding and the weather was perfect. Not to sunny and not to cold since it rained in the morning. I'm too lazy to type out every single detail about the reception. So I'll just leave a picture.

Dinner was at the other end of the botanical gardens. The place was huge! Thus, there was a train to take some of us there. I managed to get on it while others walked. While waiting to be seated, we were served with champagne and some finger food. Everyone caught up on lost time.

The Pavilion was just the best place to have a wedding dinner. The setting is nice! Every table was themed a location that the couple travelled. Ours was Malaysia.

They have this photo booth that allows you to take photo strips. It prints out 2 sets. One is pasted in am album for the couple and one for our own. I should have taken picture of that picture. I had all the champagne I want that night. =P

Sunday was our final day in Sydney. We wanted to go to Blue Mountains but the weather was just not right. It rained. So we hit the city and walked around buying fridge magnets for my sister. Before that, we went to have lunch! It was a famous place called Zilver which apparently serves one of the best dimsums. Damn it tasted like heaven.

Walked and wandered around to the casino at Star City. Nothing much really.

We were invited to dinner at my Aunt Jesse's place (One of my newly discovered relative). Some family history lectures and fabulous food. Kudos to Aunt Jessie. Special thanks to Aunt Kim for the Salmon Sashimi.

That was it for Sydney. I think I will separate the posts. Its gonna be one hell of a journey.

No comments: