Thursday, 29 March 2012

Dear hackers....

This morning I woke up and like any other day I open the same 3 tabs on Chrome, Facebook, Hotmail and Twitter ( and sometimes Youtube).

So as the Hotmail page loaded, bloody hell I saw that there were some "failure to sent" email messages in my inbox. I knew that there was something wrong and sure enough a friend informed me that my email was sending out a freaking spam.

Since I was going out I left it as it is...

When I got back, I decided to tackle the problem. My email is my lifeline. Everyone has that email! Past employers especially! Important ya know????

I logged in to my Hotmail and there was this message that appeared saying that my account has been blocked because there was a spam message going out. I followed the steps to unblock my account and there was one step where you had to re-enter your current password and create a new one.

I did that again and again and I was sooooooo freaking sure that the things I typed was correct. I even typed one letter at a time and the message saying "Password Incorrect".

I was at the point where I was swearing at the computer screen. Then I did what any sensible person will do today.

Google.

Sure enough, I got part of my problem solved. Apparently, even the "Your account has been blocked" page is fake and it was a hacker. What I did was opened Mozilla, load the sign in page and there was this "Can't access your account" link. Clicked on it, filled in a customer support form thingy, reset my password and....

VOILA~

Email's back in action. Immediately made some long ass password.

Seriously, hackers, why in the freaking world would you want to hack a person like me? Go hack someone else like what those people did for SOPA. Make yourselves useful damn it!

>:[

No comments: