So, being the super bored jobless person I am now, I was browsing through some magazine when I spotted a recipe! England Apple Traybake.
Simple recipe and I had everything at home except for the self raising flour. So mom and I went out to get some and it was working time!
Cutting apples, mixing batter, lining the tray....
And soon the entire house is filled with the awesome aroma from the butter and the apples.
As usual, I'm always too lazy to follow the recipe. I am supposed to layer a few layers of apples and batter (alternating). I only layered twice because of my horrible judgement on the amount of batter to place on the first later.
Second mistake is when they mentioned "sprinkle GENEROUSLY with sugar"... Mom was like "You used the entire pack of sugar already and you still wanna sprinkle?". Sadly, I shouldn't have listened to her and sprinkle anyway. Apples are sour.
Thirdly, the tray was too small and deep. Its 20x20 when I need a 27x21 tray. Which means it is more moist than it should be in the middle.
So I guess the traybake turned out to be an apple butter cake instead. I topped the cake with cinnamon and sugar just to kill off the sourness apples.
Not too bad really! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment