Day One
This time around our client was P1 Wimax! A fun company! We were asked to design a print ad for P1’s all new Home Talk.
First day there and we were given a tour of the place! Damn! It’s like a dream place to work man! There is like a leisure room where there are massage chairs, foosball and a pool table. There is also a very well equipped gym! First time entering to the gym and my reaction was, “Shiiiiiiiiiiit!!!”
Because of that, we had to redo and act surprise. Sorry guys!! Then we went on to the rooftop. There was like a little garden up there! They actually have parties there. You can see the entire PJ skyline. So cool!!!
After the tour, we were given a little product briefing. Got some notes that could have killed us later on as well....
Day Two
The day started with pitching of the idea to Alvin Teh. We expected at least one of our brilliant ideas to be picked. Unfortunately, we targeted the wrong market. Thanks to the briefing the previous day where we clearly asked the question, “Who is our target market?” and she answered “Current P1 users”
So we had ZERO ideas and only 1 hour (which was lunch) to come up with a target market, a concept, copyright and pictures.
We were fucked....
Even when we began our session with the designer, we still haven’t come up with a concept. Finally, we did and then we were running out of time!
There was not even a single minute to waste. Time seemed to fly by so quickly. In the end, we made it!!! No idea how in the world we did it, but we did...
Day Three
This time, day 3 was different. We started with presentation of the final design. Alvin asked questions and we answered. Damn, I wished I talked more at this point.
Result were shocking...
We actually won the challenge! Damn, are we awesome or what? We did everything in about 5 hours plus. Our ad had a lot of problems but then we had the flow and connection of words which the judges liked. It was soooooo delightful man!!
Then it was the hire time. This time I was the only one not offered a job offer. A bit sad la. I kinda expected it in a way. I knew I was too quiet when the judges where there. I need to argue back more! I am sick of the judges telling me that I am quiet and unconfident. With next week being in my zone, I’m gonna prove them soooooo wrong....


No comments:
Post a Comment